Coconut industry in Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is fortunate that Coconut Tree the Wonder Tree of Sri Lanka (botanical name: cocos nuciferra L) is native to the island and forms a major tree crop covering the bulk of coastal areas of the country. The coconut industry is an important source of foreign exchange and employment generation for Sri Lanka, and an essential component of Sri Lankan cuisine. Sri Lanka is rich in coconut cultivation and it has many industries based on coconut.
The Coconut products
Coconut tree is useful in many ways. Coconut industry based products are made from the Kernel, Shell, Husk, and fiber based Coir made from husk and Copra made from Kernel are major export income earners. The Coconut tree of Sri Lanka grows on sandy soils close to the sea, and thrives up to 600 feet from the sea level. It grows on well drained areas. The tree grows up to 50- 80 feet. There are many varieties of coconut plants. The smallest is the dwarf palm. Usually the tree has tall graceful trunks topped by a crown of light leathery leaves that are 15-17 feet long. The leaves are yellow greenish and the trunk is grey. Coconut grows in rain forests and other tropical climates.
After a cluster of flowers bloom they develop into coconuts. One tree produces up to 50-60 nuts which can be plucked every two months. Men harvest the coconut by climbing the tree and cutting down the bunch of coconuts.
Coconut Tree the Wonder Tree of Sri Lanka
Coconut water from the coconut tree is a very refreshing drink to beat tropical summer thirst. The young coconut contains sweet coconut water which is an ideal drink to quench the thirst on sunny days. The white kernel in the nut is eaten and the milk extracted is used in the preparation of food and curries.
GIVE A GIFT THAT SHOWS YOU CARE , NATURALLY!
Are you tired of paying a lot of money for expensive skin and hair products that often don’t work? Are you wondering if there are effective natural skin and hair care products that will actually work? Discover the benefits of coconut oil and enjoy Coconut Tree Products.
Pure Body Naturals Premium Fractionated Fine Coconut Oil for Hair, Skin & Nails, 16 Fl. Oz
- Contains 1 – 16 oz bottle of 100% pure Fractionated Coconut Oil, cocos nucifera. Includes a pump and press disc cap for easy dispensing.
- Intensely hydrating moisturizer for dry skin. Replenishes, brightens & revitalizes skin’s complexion. Gentle enough for baby and toddler skin, and helps reduce eczema.
- Use coconut oil for hair growth by moisturizing the scalp to limit hair fall, helping you to grow longer, stronger and healthier hair.
- Multi-purpose natural skin moisturizer. Apply a few drops to a cotton ball to use as a makeup remover. Mix with Lavender essential oil for a relaxing foot soak for dry cracked feet. Add to a warm bath for skin softening, or directly as an after-shower moisturizer.
NOT AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE. ORDER FROM AMAZON,CLICK TO ORDER
- Use on skin as a natural skin softener, moisturizer, face cleanser and sunscreen
- Intensely hydrates, replenishes, brightens and revitalizes skin’s complexion
Coconut oil is part of Sri Lankan life style. It is extracted from the white kernel. We fry and temper our food with coconut oil, light oil lamps. We apply coconut oil on our hair for extra conditioning. Coconut oil lamps are lit in thousands daily across Sri Lanka in Buddhist temples and Hindu kovils by devotees seeking enlightenment
Timber from Coconut
This wonder tree supplies families with shelter, food, drinks and many other needs. The coconut timber is used in the building of houses
USDA Certified Organic
Makes wonderful massage oil
Easy to access Wide Mouth Glass Jar
BUY FROM AMAZON TODAY
Mats, coir rope, and flower pots are made from coconut fiber. Hats and baskets are made from coconut leaves. Coconut fiber and coir rope is exported to other countries. Coconut oil is taken pressed from copra. After taking out the oil the left over coconut is ideal cattle feed. It contains protein, sugar and minerals. The major use for coconut oil is in the manufacture of Margarine, and Soap. Coconut is a major income earner to Sri Lanka.
Tags: coconut, coconut tree, coconut products, coconut industry in Sri Lanka,teeth whitener,coconut oil,copra. desiccated coconut.